Ethereum blockchain has enabled tens of thousands of decentralized applications (DApps) in the last few years. Unfortunately, the wide adoption of DApps is limited due to frequent outages, high costs, low throughput limits and security concerns. Although some technologies, such Solana and Cosmo, are trying to build better infrastructures for Web3, they have not won public endorsement.
In order to enable mass adoption in the Web3 era, Aptos was designed as a trusted, scalable, cost-efficient, and continually improving blockchain for building widely-used applications.
Aptos improves the current blockchain in the following ways:
- 1.The integration of the native language, Move, to provide faster and more secured transaction execution.
- 2.The Aptos data model enables flexible key management and hybrid custodial options to provide a safer and more trustworthy user experience.
- 3.The pipelined and modular approach leverages all available physical resources, improves hardware efficiency and enables highly parallel execution.
- 4.The Block-STM provides collaborative schedulers with the multi-versioning technique to leverage the preset order of transactions and to estimate dependencies ,dramatically reducing the amount of unnecessary work.
- 5.The Aptos modular architecture design supports client flexibility, and optimizes for frequent and instant upgrades.